Chef's Forum header

Search Epicurean.com:
[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Emeril Live Show -- Good Or Bad?

Posted By: Baron Blackfang
Monday, 15 May 2006, at 2:28 p.m.

Chef Emeril Lagasse, star of Food TV's Emeril Live and millionaire restaurant owner: Buffoon With A Spoon, P.T. Barnum Of The Kitchen, Mack The Knife, and Cajun Wannabe are some colorful descriptions my chef friends use when discussing him. He's fun to watch, has interesting guests, music, and, once in a while, you might get a new idea.

But, folks, please remember that Emeril has an army of prep cooks in the background doing the grunt work for him. And, he's sloppy in the kitchen using questionable techniques and safe food-handling. It's a good thing he owns a string of over-priced tourist traps for his income as I doubt he would have had a long career as a chef. I know he used to work at Commander's Palace in New Orleans, but that didn't last long and that place is a tourist dive anyway. I've dined at an Emeril's Restaurant once, and, all I can say is that my youngest daughter makes a tastier ettouffe.

IMHO, the only chef on Food TV that has real class and innovation is Mario Betalli, now an Iron Chef. I miss his Molto Mario show which featured fantastic Italian food. His two New York City restaurants are among the finest there.

Your comments are appreciated.

--
Fortitudo Et Macto (Strength And Honor)
Motto of the Roman Legions

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Epicurean Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

Copyright © 2006 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved