Chef's Forum header

Search Epicurean.com:
[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Please help with Prime Rib

Posted By: Michael Bullard
Friday, 2 May 2003, at 8:59 p.m.

Hi I am new. Thank's so much for listening. If I describe something wrong,please accept my apology. I consider this a very valuable learning experience. I want to roast (or broil) whatever you all say is better 2 Ribs...(Not a whole Prime Rib Roast but simply two ribs) probably approx. 2-4 pounds total. I have done a LOT of homework and there are still parts I don't understand about this. Here is the part I've learned already..Let the Ribs sit for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature before putting them in the oven. When you are ready to cook them,put them in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 18 to 22 minutes per pound. Then my understand is to turn the oven completely off,do not open the oven.Let the meat set in the oven for hour as the oven slowly loses it's heat. I don't have a meat thermometer. I just frankly can't afford it. I know how important this is. I do use an oven thermometer and so I can keep exact track of what temperature my oven is. My goal is for medium rare. Is my cooking method here sounding waaaay off here or is it somewhat right? Time is no problem. If you recommend cooking these Prime Rib Steaks at 225 degrees for 3 hours I will do that. I just need help. Thank you so very much for all of your help. Michael Bullard 609.695.0993 elikas1@comcast.net

Messages In This Thread

• Please help with Prime Rib
    Michael Bullard -- Friday, 2 May 2003, at 8:59 p.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Epicurean Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

Copyright © 2006 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved