Chef's Forum header

Search Epicurean.com:
[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

book a hotel

Posted By: TeddyBaids
Thursday, 21 February 2019, at 8:14 a.m.

As far as I love hostels and other forms of cheap accommodation, there's something nice about the luxuriousness of a hotel: the living area, comfy bed, dining table, iron, strong shower, and bottled soap to the taking (errr...I mean borrowing). They are silent, relaxing, and a respite from the whole world.
A couple of years back, I was traveling to conventions and other work-related events alot and residing at a lot of hotels. I determined to see if I could get the very ideal hotel booking site on the web. I picked a couple cities and searched six booking websites -- Expedia, Mytravelnavi.com , Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, and TravelPony -- at 2-, 3-, and also 4star categories.
So I decided to perform another search to attempt to obtain the ideal site in order to book a hotel in 2018. This time I hunted Expedia, Mytravelnavi.com , Booking.com, Agoda, also Priceline for prices in London, New York, Paris, Bangkok, Buenos Aires, along with Berlin. I searched on July 3rd for space later that week and then one month later throughout the weekday and weekend (prices and availability vary on the weekend).
The Best Hotel Booking Website
This time that the ideal hotel booking web site was Booking.com. Though it didn't return the biggest number of total places, Booking.com returned the largest number of cheap places -- and that's the most significant things. I discovered that the very best prices and largest number in the destinations I searched for on Booking. As an example, in my own September search in Paris, it listed over 2,300 results, for example 250 2 star listings and 750 star listings (plus it told me that the place was over 60% reserved when I hunted ). Agoda still experienced the very best results in Asia (it returned 2,900 contributes to Bangkok when compared with 2,500 for Booking) but'd definitely expanded their listings across the globe -- it roughly tied Booking at Paris, Buenos Aires, and Sydney for entire listings, even though they had fewer budget listings than Booking.
The 2nd best hotel booking website was Agoda, which had lots of consequences, though it's strong suit remains in Asia.
And all those other significant hotel booking websites? Well, Orbitz and Travelocity are part of Expedia and use the database, and while they switched back a number of results, they tilted more to the end of the price spectrum. And internet sites such as Priceline and Hotwire have top-notch blind booking and bidding options that can provide you with an extremely cheap hotel (in the celebrity category and area you want). Sometimes prices are as much as 40% off. The downside? You never have to know the name of this hotel you're staying in until after you have paid.

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Epicurean Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

Copyright © 2006 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved