Chef's Forum header

Search Epicurean.com:
[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Taci's Beyti

Posted By: Nesibe
Sunday, 17 January 2010, at 5:49 p.m.

Walking into the Mediterranean atmosphere of Taciís Beyti was a delightful experience.
Taciís Beyti is a restaurant full of rich Turkish cuisine with a family environment in the Midwood section of Brooklyn.
This restaurant has traditional Turkish music playing in the background.
At New Jersey Taciís Beyti first opened in 1986 and then moved to Brooklyn 1988. This restaurant has been in business for 22 years.
The restaurant is all about family and fits its customers well. It has 22 tables and 72 chairs.
The atmosphere is clean, comfortable and has a friendly surrounding. The walls are half brown and half beige color.
Waiters are attentive and helpful. If you have questions they explain the Turkish dishes served.

The foods come from the Southern part of Turkey, Adana. The appetizers served were hummus and sigara boregi.

The Hummus ($3.75) was an appetizer served with Turkish bread. It was well blended and I enjoyed this decorated dish.
The Sigara Boregi($4) had feta cheese, parsley, and herbs wrapped up in homemade Turkish fillo. This appetizer was very hot and crunchy.

The main dishes were Gyro, Chicken Adana, and Lahmacun.

Lahmacun($9) also called Turkish pizza had a thin crisp crust which I favored the most. It is a traditional dish with a blend of ground lamb, tomatoes, parsley and onions.
The Chicken Adana ($8.50) had tender chunks of chicken marinated with the chefís special sauce which was juicy and really succulent.

The Gyro ($8.50) was the second dish cut into pieces that contained ground lamb with tomatoes and served with pita bread. It was well prepared and not too salty for me.
One of my favorite desserts was Kazandibi ($2) a pan fried milk pudding, which was very sweet and had a cinnamon touch to it.

The Baklava ($2) is a famous Middle Eastern dessert made in crunchy sweet layers with pistachios and walnuts which was very sugary.
I enjoyed my time in this restaurant because it was a pleasant experience. The food was scrumptious and the atmosphere was welcoming.
Taciís Beyti is located on 1953-1955 Coney Island Ave. (Avenue P) Midwood, Brooklyn NY 11223. You can reach this restaurant at (718)-627-5750-51. You can take the B68 on Avenue P and thereís a Q train a few blocks away on Kings Highway.4stars

Messages In This Thread

• Taci's Beyti
    Nesibe -- Sunday, 17 January 2010, at 5:49 p.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Epicurean Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

Copyright © 2006 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved