Chef's Forum header

Search Epicurean.com:
[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Economical Cuisine

Posted By: Chef L
Friday, 15 May 2009, at 6:45 a.m.

Hi everyone,
In these times of economic uncertainty,many people are reverting back to economical cooking. I know most people have at least a couple of recipes that are made by using less expensive items to create some really tasty food. Would anyone like to share some ideas. I realize that this forum does not allow recipes, that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for general ideas of what can be done to inexpensive products. Yes, I have googled it and gotton some ideas from some pretty neat sites, but I was more interested in true and tried methods.
Yes, this has to do with another class I am creating. I realized those who responded to my last green cuisine plea for information helped me out to go in the right direction.
My ideas are taking a chuck roast with blade bone, cutting it up into 3 sections, using the eye for cheap marinated steaks, using the long strip of meat for stew and then using the rest for beef straganoff or some other combination cooking dish. If you have a big enough bone, you can make just a little bit of beef stock an make it into onion soup for yet another dish nice delicious supper.
Should be fun finding out what you have in store.:-)
Chef L

Messages In This Thread

• Economical Cuisine
    Chef L -- Friday, 15 May 2009, at 6:45 a.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Epicurean Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

Copyright © 2006 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved