I am in high school and I am seriously considering a job in culinary arts. I'm having to do a project on something and I choose to do it on becoming a chef. I really need to interview a chef so please take the time to answer each of these questions for me.
1. What made you want to become a chef?
2. Iíve researched many schools and have fallen in love with the idea of going to Johnson and Whales University in Miami do you think that there could be a better school to attend?
3. There are so many things out there to consider for a career but I am choosing to become a chef. Being a cop, firefighter, or a doctor is important and it helps people. Can you think of ways that being a chef is important?
4. I love to cook but I canít cut things fast, I donít know any special techniques and I am still scared of getting burned even though itís happened more times than I can count. Am I supposed to naturally be able to do certain things and overcome my fear of getting burned or are those things that you go to school for and learn over time?
5. I am a very creative person and thatís one of the main reasons I love to cook. I love when I get bored and tear the kitchen apart looking for odd things and leftovers to turn into something better. Is creativity an important element in becoming a chef?
6. My overall goal is to own my own restaurant. What are the odds of this happening?
7. I want to get my bachelors degree in culinary arts about how long do you think that would take?
8. What should I expect in this whole process?
9. How is the salary being a chef? Can you live decently off of it?
10. What are the rewards that come with being a successful chef?