Chef's Forum header

Search Epicurean.com:
[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Corning microwave browning dish ?

Posted By: Richard
Sunday, 12 October 2008, at 8:45 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Corning microwave browning dish ? (Kristy)

I'm a 60 year old man who lives by myself and loves cooking.
I've been cooking all kinds of fish and shellfish, as well as many other things, in the microwave for many years.
I wanted to try it with a browning plate and mentioned it to my sister. She said her daughter was given the Corning Ware 10 inch square browning plate casserole for her wedding but hadn't used it in a very long time since she is now cooking for a family of 5.
My niece gave me the dish and I've been using it quite a bit.
Most of the time I only preheat it for 2 minutes in a 1000 watt microwave and can cook a pound of 3/4 inch thick fish fillets in 4 minutes.
I spray the fish and shrimp with 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' and sprinkle various herbs and spices on one side of the fish.
I place that side down in the browning dish and repeat the spray and herbs, quickly, on top before I place on lid and return to the microwave.
In the past I'd reheat pizza by a short time in the microwave and then I would brown the bottom and eliminate some of the sogginess on a gas grill but now I use the browning dish and it works great.
Here is a link to a new double sided microwave browning grill:
http://www.dreamproductscatalog.com/details.cfm?item=11265

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Epicurean Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

Copyright © 2006 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved